Sunday 15 May 2011

And all the girl wanted....was a bathtub



Once upon a time....

That's almost how I feel thisblog should begin. This whole situation seems so amazing - so fantastic that it must be surely from a story book.

Sometime back in April - a friend of mine decided he was going to purchase a house. They came to a verbal agreement sometime in April and everything was to be signed, dated and keys exchanged on May 5th. May 5th came and went - and I received my keys to the basement suite I was going to be renting from my friend. We both gave our notices to our current rentals - and I began to pack. I was SO excited to move. I was going to paint the suite. I was busy picking colors, packing and just getting excited for a new chance at life.

It's hard to find affordable rentals in my town. However, even harder then finding affordable rentals - try finding them with two dogs. I knew just how lucky I was to be moving into this basement suite - and I was SO excited.

May 12th I received a phone call from my friend - saying that something had gone wrong - and they had accepted another offer that he just couldn't beat. My heart actually sunk. I was now out a place to live come June 1st - and couldn't stay in my current rental. I, for the first time in a long time, felt hopeless. I had no-where to go and knew the odds of finding a place that would take me (in the price range I could afford) but even then - I knew the odds of finding a place that would accept my dogs.

I hadn't prayed in a long time - but on May 12/13th I actually prayed. I cried out to God. (after-all what did I have to lose?) I explained the situation -and begged for a solution. I told Him how exausted I was - how hopeless I felt and how I needed a miracle. I'm sure He knew my doubt-filled heart. I'm sure He wasn't fooled by me. I cried - I actually felt hopeless. I remembered some prayer sermon one day, somewhere - that talked about being specific with your hopes and desires. So in the quietness of my heart - I told God exactly what I wanted.

It had to be within a certain price range.
It had to be pet friendly (for my 2 dogs)
I wanted somewhere nice, clean and safe to live
It had to be available June 1st -
and I really, really, really wanted a bathtub.

Last night in pure frustration and sadness as I lay in bed - I flipped through kijiji ads. Everything was $300-$800 out of my price range. I knew I couldn't make it happen. Even if it was "close" to my price range- it was no pets allowed. My heart just sank lower and lower. I blogged about it - see "How am I supposed to breathe with no air" and for whatever reason my eyes fell on this one ad - "Above ground basement suite $$$" - I flipped into the ad. Here is what it read.

Avail June 01, 2011.
This suite won't last at this price. Great place in a great neighborhood.
Pet friendly
Parks near by, hiking out the back door.
Close to bus route, shopping, etc. Perfect for single student or working professional.
There is a walk in closet, full tub in the bathroom, BBQ available, parking, and storage.
There is wireless internet, Full Cable, a large fenced yard, close to hiking & biking trails, tennis courts, BBQ & fruit trees

I quickly emailed the ad - and said a quick prayer. Okay it was more like a desperate begging plea. This morning I had a response - This afternoon I viewed the unit - and today I put my deposit down. Dozens of people had viewed the unit - but for whatever reason none had called back. It was all pre-sorted out for me.

God knew what I needed - but more then that - He even got me the bathtub.

Yes it's tiny, (like really tiny) yeah - It's going to be a HUGE downgrade - but that's okay. I'm excited - and God knew what I needed - Sometimes it's all worked out - and we just need to wait.

I even got the bathtub.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment